We are looking for senior software developers who are experienced in working with Web, Desktop and Cloud technology in the .NET and Azure ecosystems to expand the existing development team.
CherSoft have a roadmap for development of existing and new products and services planned. We are looking for people with strong software development skills who can take responsibility and lead areas within this roadmap. This will require strong skills in software design, UX and Architecture.
Being able to show evidence of working with high-level specifications to discover and define detailed requirements in previous roles is valuable.
In addition, the ability to shape and drive development processes within the overall company practices - for example, in the area of DevOps and CI/CD for cloud systems – will be favourable. Underpinning these leadership skills is the need for excellent communication, team-working and inter-personal skills.
Some current examples of systems we develop and the technologies we use are listed below. However, our aim is to continually evolve our technology base to take advantage of more efficient development tools, processes and practises.
- Publishing System using C#, WPF, Azure Storage (Table + Blob), Azure Functions, ASP.NET MVC & Web API, SendGrid
- Cross-Platform Navigation Chart Drawing Components using C#, .NET Standard, Xamarin, Skia
- Fleet Tracking System using WPF, Azure SQL, WebJobs, ASP.NET MVC, Azure Storage (Blob + Queue), SendGrid
Development teams maintain a strong connection with the operations of products and services – this includes DevOps for cloud-based service components, third-line support for deployed software issues, handling customer feedback, etc. Strong candidates will be able to show they are confident and capable in handling this full range of activities involved in managing and maintaining a successful software system.
Company and Environment
CherSoft was founded by software developers and has a strong understanding of what is needed to produce good software. We are large enough to have interesting and challenging projects and small enough to understand the individuals that work for us and the value and contribution they make. This shows in the company culture – we invest in our office and equipment to provide a pleasant working environment and enable the balance between quiet, focused work and team collaboration. Also, we support our employees by providing flexible working hours, the ability to work from home and we encourage continuous learning to inspire people to enjoy working for CherSoft.
We are constantly looking to improve our team with talented people. If you would like to join us, email your CV and a little bit about why you would like to join us to firstname.lastname@example.org
CherSoft is an equal opportunities employer. Wherever possible, we will remove unjustifiable barriers and we aim to provide suitable facilities and a good working environment.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- All vacancy advertisements include a statement on equal opportunity. Selection criteria are reviewed to ensure that they are essential for the effective performance of the job
- Our offices are wheelchair accessible
- Flexible working hours and full support in working from home where practical
- Requests for part-time working will not be denied unless there are vital operational reasons
- Annual pay reviews include a check that employees performing similar jobs are earning similar pay